Maintaining your dog’s health involves more than just giving him high-quality food, getting him vaccinated periodically, and playing with him. Grooming is also included in the definition. Some people believe that dog grooming is only a cosmetic pastime, but that’s only half the story. Keeping your dog comfortable and healthy is the second and most crucial aspect of grooming. Over time, leaving a dog’s coat neglected can lead to annoyances and even health difficulties. You don’t want that for your dog, do you? It might be difficult to remove mats from a coat that has not been brushed correctly. The risk of inadvertently harming your dog’s skin when attempting to remove them yourself is high. It is also possible for bacteria to thrive in a coat that hasn’t been properly washed, cleaned, and dried, resulting in bacterial or fungal illnesses that take time to recover. However, each dog parent must groom their pet regularly and appropriately, either by hiring a professional or doing it oneself. Now let’s speak about dog grooming and help you choose the finest tools.
Pic Credit: MARTHA STEWART
Please allow us a minute to go through some of the most prevalent dog coat types before moving on to our list of the finest dog grooming tools. Our discussion will focus on the broad categories rather than the finer nuances; therefore we won’t highlight slight variations of identical coats.
- The long-haired breeds come first. Even though they have a beautiful and elegant coat, keeping it is not a simple process. For this reason, it is necessary to preserve hair ends that drag over the ground perfectly clipped at all times. In addition, when grooming the dog, it’s important to pay attention to the dog’s behind and tail area. These breeds require regular brushing to prevent tangled, lengthy strands of hair.
- There are two types of coatings available: single and double coated. Long hair covers the upper layer of these dogs’ coats, while shorter, tightly packed hair covers the lower layer. Grooming this type of coat might be a challenge at times, but with the right equipment, the task becomes much more manageable. Using a good brush, you can reach the undercoat and remove any of the stray strands that have been lodged there.
- Lastly, we have the breed with curly hair. Several varieties of curly hair exist, but we won’t get into specifics this time and will discuss them all in general. When it comes to grooming their pets, pet owners of these canines tend to choose trimming. Unfortunately, clipping their hair does not do them any favors in terms of cleanliness. When the curly coat is brushed properly and a De-shedding tool is employed, it looks its finest. It will grow differently if it’s trimmed in any way, so it will never look the same again. However, these dogs must be cleaned often to prevent the curls from becoming entangled or from remaining wet for an extended period.
GROOMING TOOLS AND THEIR USES:
- ANDIS STANDARD PIN BRUSH FOR PETS:
Tangles, dirt, and stray hair are removed. Skin and hair follicles are stimulated. Natural oils are dispersed through the coat to encourage hair development and a healthy appearance For enhanced pet comfort when brushing, use pinhead bristles Handle has a soft-grip surface to alleviate hand fatigue Perfectly fitting brushes should not slip or feel uncomfortable in your palm while being used. You don’t want it to break throughout the grooming procedure. It should also be able to reach all the way to the base of the coat with its teeth, which is the most crucial feature.
- AEOLUS HOME GROOMING PET CLIPPER:
Pic Credit: PETPLAN
It is really easy to operate and requires very little upkeep. Never before has it been so easy to cut through the thickest of jackets. With a built-in 12V motor, it’s designed for the hardest coatings. The New MC-670 features a compact and lightweight mainframe that fits nicely in every hand size, including those with larger hands. If you have two dogs with different coat kinds, you shouldn’t have to buy two separate brands of clippers. Detachable blades on a single model will make it easy to change the blades based on your particular demands.
- TRIXIE DOG/CAT NAIL CLIPPER:
Pic Credit: VETBABBLE
It is made up of stainless steel. A long-lasting, razor-sharp cutting edge is achieved by using only the highest grade stainless steel. Safety lock prevents claws from being trimmed too short, rubber grip on the plastic handle. Some pet parents like to grind their nails, while others prefer to cut them, but you should avoid nicking the vein that runs down their nail since it will not only be unpleasant for the dog, but it will also be untidy because that type of cut bleeds a lot.
- AEOLUS SUPALITE HANDHELD DRYER:
Pic Credit: PETSIDE
Portable Aeolus supalite dryer the 2000-watt Dual Nozzle Handheld Dryer has two nozzles. Six heat settings, two air speeds, and two nozzles are included. It’s a lovely black color that’s a wonderful choice for groomers.
- ANDIS STANDARD STEEL COMB:
Pic Credit: PETAGE
This Andis Steel Comb gives dogs of all sizes award-winning grooming. Tangles, mats, loose hair, and debris are removed, and skin and hair follicles are stimulated. It’s ideal for finishing and fluffing, and its light enough to groom without becoming tired. There are coarse and fine teeth in this set. With the broader side, it’s easy to untangle mats or give the coat a fluffy/finished appearance. For thinner coats or delicate regions like the face and paws, use the finer side.
- METROVAC COMMANDER VARIABLE SPEET PET HAIR DRYER:
Pic Credit: PET PRO SUPPLY
MetroVac’s Air Force Commander Pet Dryer, Variable-Speed Control, will give your dog a professional blowout. Because it’s meant to dry dogs faster, dogs that would rather be chasing a ball or relaxing in the sun will like it. There are a number of speed settings that allow you to adapt for your dog’s coat length and noise level. And even the largest breeds may use it without damaging their beautiful coats.